View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2007, 04:41 PM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road
Default OOB 17- Iraq Mod

This is an hypothetical mod based on the iraqi OOB. Basically it is an "iraqi superpower" scenario where Iraq is armed with sophisticated weapons, including some speculative units.
Beyond that I have also improved the historical accuracy of the iraqi OOB.I have modified units characteristics, availability dates,formations etc to better reflect their actual characteristics.I have assigned more accurate icons and pictures among those available. In order to avoid confusion the "iraqi superpower" units are available only after the fall of Saddam, starting from 5/103.
It works as follow:

- Until 4/103 only historical units, which also stop at that date to reflect the iraqi collapse.

- From 5/103:
1)"iraqi superpower" units;
2) insurgents, in their own separate formations;
3) new iraqi security forces, with dates reflecting their actual availability, either in their own separate formations or available with X3 radio code. They are marked in any case with their acronymus (es NIA, New Iraqi Army, IBP, Iraqi Border Patrol etc.). I have done a lot of testing and fiddling with formations to ensure coherent AI purchases. Against the US and such it will only buy insurgents and insurgent related units. Against Iran and such it should only buy "iraqi superpower units". You might get odd RPG-29 team among the insurgents though but apparently that too has happened in the real world.

"This mod contains highly altered or additional files that may or will cause interference with the master game files and it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that this mod be installed and played ONLY in a separate copy of the game and NOT run from the master game"

EDIT

The above is as per moderator request. In practice however having tested it playing with stock scenarios there are only very few and minor issues due to some weapons being changed. Aside from that since picture, icons etc are all from the standard game stock there is very little disruption.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 484737-Obat017.zip (31.9 KB, 233 views)