View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2023, 05:27 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,480 Times in 2,709 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: What is the next upgrade for my CD WinSPMBT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro Cruiser View Post
I'm getting the same version 'WinSPMBT v1.012-CD'. This is on the installed program. Some back ground, I just saw the new updates for 2023 and installed them (WW2 and MBT). MBT would not open at all (WW2 is fine). So I deleted and reinstalled from the CD disk, and did all the consolidation updates. All were stated as successful. I checked the version and was wondering what the heck. My CD disks have to be over 20 years old. I'm going to re-try all the patches again.

As Andy said. If you let the original install into :

C:\Program Files\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPMBT

as we were originally asked to do

and then installed all the updates in order then your original game is in C:\Program Files\

and the updates are in

C:\Shrapnel Games

So.......... check if you have copy of the games in

C:\Program Files\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\

and then check your start up link properties and see if that is where it's looking for the game. ( likely )

We know this is a PITA.......it's a PITA for us too.

Everything worked fine until Vista/win7 then it started messing files up and we had to take it out of Program files but all the origianl CD's point to installing in Program files and you need to put it in the same place as the Updates are set up to go which is

C:\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPWW2
or
C:\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPMBT

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..