View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2007, 07:56 AM

Captain

Saxon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Late game EA Abyisa. Where is the on button?

I like that idea of the middle path pretender, designed to lift those paths (ESB) that are weakly available in the national mages. I had been playing with a water blessing to speed up and boost defense on the sacreds, but it was not helping my magic situation much. I will use this set up to ensure I have a better game next time.

In the short term, I will experiment with Fire Storm. Thank you for pointing it out, I had overlooked it. I expect C’tis is about to evaporate! With Phoenix Power it is easy to reach and Flaming Skulls are useful, so I have a few around.

Point taken Micah, the 440 gold mage does have E and can cast Scorpion Men. However, he can not forge items to boost his E skill, so he can not cast Gnome Lore. Getting enough gems to summon any significant number of Scorpion Men is tough and I don’t generally like having such expensive units doing site searching with their time. Good thing most of the mages are sacred for upkeep. You have to take E on the pretender if you plan to summon any real number of these guys, I don’t think you can argue that Abysia is ready to use them much otherwise.

The same with the D magic needed for Spectral Infantry. Now, Death summons are good, but any nation can build a pretender to take advantage of it. It seems odd that the low level national summons needs D, but for this nation it is not much of an option.

Anyway, thank you for pointing out the “on switch!”