View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2007, 06:33 PM

Brigadier General

Shovah32 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Late game EA Abyisa. Where is the on button?

I had some limited success with it in a non-CB game although it was mainly for newbies(and me, im just crap) but i was fighting multiple nations(one being EA Tien Chi played by frank trollman) and doing quite well. I had a good number of annoited in the hall of fame with 400+ kills each(who eventually got targetted by vengance of the dead... not pretty) and armies composed mostly of burning ones, flail infantry and axe/shield infantry supported by annointed blasting with falling fires and pillars of fire worked well.
I also had some indy/non fire aura armies with large groups of archers with the flaming arrows buff(pretty viable even later on in the game if you can support it).
For raiding/support i had demonbred slayers(moderately equipped incase an assasination target showed up) with rods of the leper king leading around groups of fiends of darkness which worked great, a group of stealthy flyers with good combot power lead by a powerful assasin makes for a very versatile tool(support armies, raid back provinces, harrass enemy armies, assasinate researchers ect).
I also did a few suicidal charges with the F2 holy mages(generally with one of them blessing the others for reinvigoration) casting phoenix pyre and shielded by a few infantry(to reach the target) which nicely softened up some enemies.

as a final note: Decently equipped fire kings with phoenix pyre and very high reinvigoration(i used vine kings summoned by the pretender to forge nature items) are VERY useful and difficult to remove as you have to kill them several times in quick succession to completely kill them.