View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2006, 09:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

aegisx is on a distinguished road
Default United Earth Consortium (Take 2)

I'm giving the UEC another go, trying a different style. Any feedback, game suggestions etc are welcome.

( Version 1.08, Kwok .93, Medium Quadrent, Mid-Life, No bonus, 2000 racial points)

+++++++ United Earth Consortium Internal Communication (CONFIDENTIAL) +++++++++

Hello, my name is Alexander Aegis and I am a Senior Program Manager with the United Earth Consortium. This is the first in a series of messages regarding our new contract, the Space Initiative (SI) . As a Program Manager, I will be in charge of this contract. First, a little background on the SI program.

The Earth has become a very populated place. As big as the Earth is, we are running out of room and resources. An old song lyric goes “ there's too many men, too many people, making too many problems and not much love to go around” (Genesis, Land of Confusion). It applies still today. The United Earth Government (UEG) decided to seriously start looking at space as a solution.

Currently the UEG's space activity has been limited to research and a small colony on the moon. New engine technology will allow us to travel around the solar system in a matter of months, making colonization a real possibility. This will be very expensive, which is why they decided to run it like a business. The Request for Proposals was put out about 5 years ago and here we are. The main goals of the first phase of the SI are:

-Establish permanent human settlements
-Remain profitable

I know those aren't much as in the way of goals, the actual ones are a bit more complicated and boring.

If you don't already know, the UEC is made up of many smaller corporations ( GAME NOTE: Corporate government style) . On a project of this magnitude one corporation cannot go it alone, thus the UEC was born. This setup has its ups and downs. We are able to get a large array of different business to be involved, like the construction companies and the commodity traders ( GAME NOTE: Natural Merchants and Hardy Industrialists). Space can be an expensive place, which is why it is best not left up to the government. Corporations are generally more financially responsible (GN: Merchant Society).

I think that will be all for this post, I have a lot of work to do. Next time I'll go over some of my plans and our current status.