View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2021, 07:01 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winSPMBT version 10.0 - 15.0 Consolidation patch (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahadi View Post
I publish this post for informational purposes only to assist others who may have found difficulties in downloading the 2021 v15 patch. I used the Brave browser, Version 1.28.106 Chromium: 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build) (64-bit) to access the forum. I was unable to download the patch until I accessed the URL via Microsoft Edge.

Kind regards always

Perhaps that browser requires one to manually whilelist sites you trust downloading exes from?

Same as some "helpful" email providers refuse to let you send emails with attatched exes, or even zips containing exes? - a total pain in the butt for developers since they provide no way to bypass thier "sickurity". (Workaround for that is to install crypto software like Veracrypt, make an encrypted drive (they call it a container), save files to the container, and then send a copy of the container as an attatchment, with an agreed password).
https://sourceforge.net/projects/veracrypt/

NB - a veracrypt container is a handy way to store any secure files (personal data, banking, your txt file with passwords etc) on your PC so if some tea-leaf nicks it, its not there to read. Just make a veracrypt container with a decent password, and mount it as a virtual drive when neeeded. The file could be on a USB stick as well, not just on your PC hard drive so you can store that elswhere in yor property. Veracrypt is a continuation of the earlier Truecrypt project apparently.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: