View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2010, 04:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

B0rsuk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Master of Magic unofficial patch v1.40f

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodstamp View Post
I've been playing with this patch for a while and I love it. I recommend going into the settings and changing the random monsters setting to spawn more frequently.
Can you enlighten me what the two extra difficulty options do ? Monsters Gone Wild - is that spawning frequency ? How about the other one ?

Quote:
The AI plays more intelligently. You really notice it in their city placement.
The developer tried to make it even better, but it turned out to be harder than expected. In particular he spent 2 weeks trying to make AI understand "tiny islands with towers" are no good places to send settlers to. He also tried to make AI stop sending empty ships.

Quote:
For an added challenge, I modded this patch and gave all the settlers swimming. It makes a tremendous difference in how good the AI plays.
HOW have you done it ? Do you know assembly ? One thing I would love to see is bowmen having strenght 2 missile attack by default. They're so pitiful otherwise, and considering swordsmen come earlier it shouldn't cause balance problems.