View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2007, 02:48 AM

Colonel

Velusion is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Unit reqs; Etimmu; sieges

Quote:
Taqwus said:
Seems slightly weird if KotUHS don't require a temple.
Yep - actually temples don't determine the spawn for anything - it's simply the amount of dominion and if there is a fortress in the province that determines the amount/make-up of the freespawn. Of course without the temples you won't have as much dominion which means less knights...

Quote:
Taqwus said:
Might also note that Luck-3 is nice not only for the events (free income is good, given the declining tax base and the horrible scales; also, items from tombs), but for Etimmu, one of the more respectable heroes in the game.
Etimmu is good, but I don't remember him being anything much better than an above average dusk elder.

Quote:
Taqwus said:
Must bring ample mages competent at something besides skellispam to a castle storming battle, for ranged support. The hordes work a lot less well funneled through a narrow gate, and you have no missile troops other than maybe summoned Reanimated Archers.
I've found that an initial up-front calvary charge will work as well (though you won't have much calvary left). I'll put in a bit more about sieges though because they are much tougher then normal battles.