View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2021, 02:50 PM

BANNED USER

Karagin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: M4 Carbine Range question

There is NO difference between the M4 or M4A1 and the item in slot 9. An M4 Carbine or Rifle is still shooting the same distance as far as the US Army wants and the adding of optics means that 300 to 500-meter long-range shot might get a better chance of hitting, but the 275 and below will be hits.

I really think whoever did up the US Army OOB confused the M4 Carbine with things like the CAR-15 which is a short range CQB carbine.

The M4s issued without optics to soldiers is the same one that issued with optics, the weapon didn't change, just one is using iron sights and the other has an ACOG or M68 Red Dot CQB sight. That's it. Which has been my whole point all along.

We have three weapons that are the same thing with three different ranges. The M4 the game claims the mortar teams have should be the same weapon that the infantry units have. Again I am talking from real-world experience and point of fact even the Guard and Reserve units have now converted over to the M4 and M4AL, so really the M16 series is going away as foreign aid.