Thread: MBT's
View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2022, 02:33 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

I'll be brief, even for me!?! I've gotten a better picture on what's going on with the USMC MAIN ARMOR situation with this "representative" article. And I quote:

"At the time of the initial overhaul announcement, the Corps had 452 tanks at its disposal. By December 2020, 323 had been transferred to the Army. The *remaining tanks were scheduled for transfer by 2023, which included tanks in overseas storage and aboard maritime prepositioning ships, according to Marine Corps Systems Command."

By my count that currently leaves the USMC with 123 MBT's of these "survivors" it would be safe to assume that the FEP series are the ones still with us in the active/overseas storage/prepositioning ships. All others should have an END of DEC 2020

But "On the Fly" recommend the following changes for the FEP.

1. UNIT 464 leave as is for now.

2. UNITS 465 & 466 CHANGE/END to DEC 2023 IAW article vice DEC 2020//

3. Again all others should be gone by DEC 2020. This, however, DOES NOT include Engineering models.

If you want me to "comb" through the USMC OOB for "stragglers" you need to let me know.

Remember these service times publications get their information from the military component they represent for their active duty service members and DOD civilian workers that read these papers.
https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/new...ing-its-armor/

I'm off to see the wizard!?! I just don't know about that "OZ" thing though!?!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..