View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2022, 08:30 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: is spotting affected by training/morale?

A units experience is used in its spotting throws, naturally.

Moving vehicles get spotted very easily (choppers even more so) unless a long way away (1-2 km away) and in cover, but small size and only moving the 1 hex helps. I have certainly moved recce or ATGM jeeps 1 hex to a wood edge or out onto a hill top contour and not recieved immediate fire back. Tanks etc, not so much unless say 50 or so hexes away from an oncoming horde of low quality troops like say Egyptians in the 73 war.

Low visibility helps hide you if you are past 50% of scenario VIS and especially if you are at the outer edge of VIS (95%+). Not so much in high visibility where the LOS into trees can be 2 hexes.

So even if the enemy doesent immediately fire back then best to assume that any vehicle moved into LOS is likely spotted and so he will soon react with fires, direct or indirect!.

If I want a spotter who will stay amd observe for a bit without easily being spotted and my scout vehicle has no dismounts on board then I often will dismount the crew with the @ key and move it onto the hill top or the village or woods edge etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: