View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2001, 09:07 PM

Sergeant

Solar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: War....

I do agree that those responsible, and terrorists everywhere, need to be punished and prevented from ever hurting us again.

As far as preventing goes...

At the risk of exposing my ignorance, how possible is it for there to be some sort of remote control system that could take over the controls of an airliner if it deviated too far from it's flight plan and didn't respond to radio communication? I'm envisioning something much like a flight simulator that they use to train pilots. In the event of an emergency, the remote control module at the nearest airport would over-ride the plane's controls, and pilots on the ground would land the jet safely.

As far as I am aware, the technology is there. Of course, I'm just an average joe, there may be reasons why this isn't possible.
Maybe I live too much in a fantasy world, but I'm a firm believer in technology as a deterrent to crime.

I agree with Puke that money should be no object. What is money compared to human lives? I'd like to see armed skycops on every flight too.

Sorry if I have offended anyone, or wind up offending anyone now. That's not my heart.
Like everyone else in the nation, I'm still in shock right now.

Solar