View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2010, 04:27 AM

Major

Fantomen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MA Ulm Pretender, because I'm crazy

I think it's perfectly fine to play around with completely thematic builds. You often discover unexpected advantages. Like yeah, it's not a comprehensive strategy but suddenly you play a battle with mechanical men and discover your dragon can throw down heat from hell and curse of stones and maybe have your first fatigue based win. And then you've learned something.

I think a Rainbow is probably the optimal choice, along the lines described in Baalz MA Ulm guide.

But if we for fun assume we like the idea of a sinister dragon worshipped by steelclad rough cut germanics, and still want a more viable build. I'd suggest switching to a green one, something like this:

Green dragon.
Earth 4 Nature 5
dom 9 Order 2(or3) Production 2(or1) heat or cold 3 misfortune 2 drain 3

That gives you an awake SC with fear+awe combo, 22 protection who can self buff earthpower against faigue issues and cast personal regeneration to avoid afflictions and be hard to kill. Regeneration also combos well with high HP buffed by high dominion.

It also gives you a minor but viable bless to make your priest smiths thuggable, plus nature is a much more useful path for diversity and some nice globals.

With this build your first research goal would be Ench 2 for personal regeneration.

Edit: Yeah one more thing. The green dragon is also fun because the mage form is a master druid, who can sneak into enemy lands and make surprise attacks by changing shape. Not very optimal but very entertaining.

Last edited by Fantomen; August 25th, 2010 at 04:37 AM..