View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2010, 02:29 AM

Corporal

mehrunes_dagon is on a distinguished road
Post Re: MA Nation: Shangri-La, Hidden City of the Secret Masters v1.45 (Apr. 2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globu View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehrunes_dagon View Post
Played the game to the final stage (against mighty AI). Got nearly killed at the beginning, due to low income of money and gems.
Yeah, that's a pretty serious disadvantage at the beginning. Did you tend to get a lot of your sacreds and hidden masters? (At 60 or 70 a pop for the sacreds, and 400 for an HM, that's quite an expensive proposition.)
Yes, first victories were won by crowds of Mi Dred. I only fought Skaven and Nekehara at that point, but i think that with quickness bless Mi Dred is the best soldier money can buy. Guardians of the hidden valley are slower, and thus suffer more from ranged attacks before they charge enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globu View Post

Oh, as an aside, I'd like to know what you think about the changes to the Rje and Gelug gold costs, having played through with it. And about whether it would be a good idea to throw priest 1 on the Rje, gameplay-wise (the description would need to be edited slightly to adjust for it, obviously).
Rje is capital-only, costs more than Mi Dred, and is slower. Secondly, with my sloth/disorder/cold dominion capital lacks resources for buying enough Mi Dred, so i did not buy any Rje.

Gelug with crystal shield is the divine blesser, so one per sacred army is needed. He can also be communion master. Unfortunately i did not try to use mage communion in this game, because in the beginning i did not know enough spells to make it useful, and later used crowd of thunderstrikes.

Since i did not use Rje, used only few Gelugs and other top-ranking mages, i have no opinion on the price of commanders.

About making Rje able to bless himself. Self-blessing and well-equipped Rje is a small auxillary army. And i further suggest that Rje be hireable everywhere. Many nations can hire nice sacred commanders everywhere. Marignon, for instance. IMHO this makes games more interesting.