Old August 3rd, 2011, 11:06 AM

Sergeant

spillblood is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Request for more cooperation in order to improve the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker View Post
For anything to happen:
A) there has to be a problem
B) there has to be an agreement by the people who can do something about it that there is a problem
C) a fix has to be requested in a manner which does not piss off the people who can do something about the problem

There are two ways I know of to change a problem from "your opinion" to "fact". Either someone zips up a game save that the developer can easily open and see it. Or a little less effective, large percentage of the users complain about it. Posting a rant over and over can only get you banned. Especially if you "try to save others from making the same mistake". THIS forum is a SUPPORT forum and people who cant be supportive of the efforts need to find another forum more appropriate IMHO.
OK, referring to that:
Point A: There IS a problem
Point B: There IS an agreement between the community here that there is a problem, but no agreement by Malfador and Shrapnel yet.
Point C: We have already requested a fix over and over, in E-Mails, in support tickets, here in the forum.

To answer the remaining post: We could send in a fix, but we'd need forum members with programming skills since the section of the game in question (the AI) is hardcoded as far as I've determined, plus we'd need an agreement with Aaron Hall/ Malfador on that. For that, I need his reply on my last E-Mails.

But, we can also change the game /mod it in its still defective state, and even in the demo, that's why I try to lure people here.