Thread: Star Wars
View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2009, 12:30 AM

National Security Advisor

Captain Kwok is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Star Wars

I'm sorry, but I disagree with the general comments of last few posts.

Out of the list of 12 items that Atrocities posted, 9 can be readily done in SE5. Of the remaining 3, export/import ship designs for AI and vehicle type specific construction yards could be done through scripting. Only planet type specific facilities at this time would not be possible.

I understand some have difficulty getting past the different UI and it makes SE5 not enjoyable for them, but that shouldn't be used to ignore/dismiss SE5's improvement on many of SE4's mechanics. I'd be hard-pressed to find many non-UI areas where SE5 has regressed.

I'm not so bothered that you guys don't like SE5, but you should at least be somewhat specific in your criticism if you choose to post about it. The vagueness of the comments here just tells me that you never really played SE5 all that much and don't really know what the gameplay/feature differences are.

Unfortunately SE5 was released before it should have been and there wasn't time to address the primary UI issues. IMO, too much was taken on for a single developer - custom scripting language, new graphics engine, new combat engine, formula data fields - plus the usual coding/documentation that goes along with an SE game. That's the issue, too much is made of this 'testers were ignored' sentiment, which is not true.

I'm not sure how many of you lamenting guys have kept up with the patches though since the UI/game has been steadily improved from the early days and might even be "tolerable".