View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2009, 11:29 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Small games available (Blitz, CBM and Allied AI's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapoer View Post
It should be somthing obvious but i currently dont get it.
I know how to join a game and have a little MP experience.
But how do i communicate with other players and how do i know when the turn will end in these games?
Each of the checker pages have a link to a "how to join" page.
http://game.dom3minions.com/how-to.html
if that is unclear in any way please let me know so I can try to improve it.

Communicating with other players can be done in-game. Or if you start a seperate thread here with the game name in the subject then you can chat about the game here. Thats how most people do them.

Or for really fast games where everyone continually turn in their turns and the whole thing is played in one or two days then you can create a chat room either on this site (there is a link at the top of this page that says "chat") or by using some other chat site such as the Dominions chat in IRC. Its even possible to setup a voice chat like game consoles use if you really want to.

When you connect to the game it always tells you when the next turn is due. But on request I can easily have any game copy its
scores.html file to a web-accessable directory for online viewing.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)