Thread: Do you carry?
View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2005, 04:31 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Do you carry?

I have a CW permit and have had one since 91. I have carried on and off as needed since then. The one thing that comes to mind when you carry is that the responsibility to avoid conflict shifts squarely into your hands. You as the person carrying a firearm are made responsible for any situation you get into. Knowing you have a gun that could be used as a weapon give you tremendous responsibly that cannot be taken lightly. Those who get a high from carrying because they think it makes them powerful, or allow such a thing to go to their heads should have their license taken from them and be beaten with bat.

Carrying a gun makes you accountable for any action you take. If you get into an argument or altercation and pull that firearm without cause, or even if you do not and it is seen, you WILL most likely go to jail or at the very lest it will be confiscated and you WILL loose your permit. It has been my experience that most people who choose to carry often avoid any situation that might escalate into conflict. I would say that most even go so far as backing down from altercations that they normally would not do otherwise.

I have only had to pull my gun ONCE in my life and that was the scariest thing I had done up to that point. I knew that if the situation continued to worsen, as it was doing, I would have no choice but to end someone’s life. Thankfully the man saw reason, or God, which ever, and the situation was resolved without any one getting harmed.

I am lucky though; I have been around guns my entire life and know what they can be made to do. I have had training upon training upon training and still feel uncomfortable around them when around people who have had no training.

I support a national carry law because I think it is high time that the conceal carry laws between states be made uniform thus allowing a legal CW licensee to carry in any state they happen to travel through, including New York and Massachusetts.

This is not a gun debate, currently we have the legal right to own firearms and until the Democrats take that right from us, I feel any American who wants to own a gun, should do so and hopefully will consider taking a training and or safety class. No one wants to see his or her gun used to harm another.