View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2011, 10:24 AM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dynamic Campaign: Volunteers Wanted

Finished it, had enough turns to play out the battle. 35 was not that much after all

Quick report
I Attacked both bridges, securing them(bridge to the north damaged by arty but still useable) with a company of infantry each, supported by engineers, extra machine guns and a panzer platoon plus lots of artillery.

Southern force took the main bridge supported by heavy artillery and once a foothold was established, the attack continued south, taking the church and the school, forces started being too stretched, then i gave up the advance for some 3 turns to wait for the northern force to create a diversion, hopefully drawing some defenders from the pary office.

After taking the bridge, the northern force regrouped and made a dash through the woods to attack the barracks and the grain silo, arriving by turn 22 or 23, when a russian counterattack started, moving towards the main bridge, but were held by mortar fire and a mixed platoon of infantry and engineers. once the attack broke, northern force pursued the routers into the grain silo, where they tried to stand, but were crushed by the nearly untouched infantry company, the barracks were abandoned once the counterattack began, only scouts left to defend it, it was taken with no casualties.

My force of a depleted battalion strenght succesfully wiped out a russian battalion from the city with moderate casualties, they could have been avoided if the battle plan wasn't too ambitious and the attack not so hasty. This battle shows the importance of arty in an assault and that the german superior training has beaten the russian numbers.

Very nice scenario
Attached Files
File Type: zip Saved Games.zip (114.1 KB, 62 views)