View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2009, 07:28 AM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Warhammer Nation: Bretonnia, Knights of the Grail v.0.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumanator View Post
Not sure where to go with this, but its a bit difficult to use the Dukes as PD raiding thugs when its so difficult to bless them. Thematically I suppose they can't have holy magic, but if they can only be maximized in battle that kind of hurts. The main issue is that its difficult to minimize their enc problem when they can neither bless themselves nor wear boots of the messenger.

At the start of development, Dukes blessed themselves at the start of battle, but I changed it for thematic/gameplay reasons. Dukes are important men, leaders of armies and lords of huge fiefs. The thought of them going to battlefield solo is sort of proposterous. Also they were a bit too good with auto-bless at 200 gold (I really don't want to make them more expensive, it will only make them look worse when compared against Maidens). 200 gold might be a tad too cheap for a unit that can raid pd with minimal equipment (vine shield + frost brand is usually enough).

But you are right about that it might be annoying, forcing you to accompany them with maidens or indy priests. I'll have to ponder on this, I might make them auto-bless again (with a slight gold cost increase), just to reduce the micro.

Also, for any encumberance problems, see Girdle of Might. It's double good for Grail Heroes, since it also boosts their strenght, making the "Heroic Lance" even more heroic (one-shotting elephants is fun!).