View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2006, 06:45 AM

Private

Stavetor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AAR: More like \"ARRR\", am I right? (Pirate)

Captain's Log 5.3.03, 6083 days to go. Zubenelgenubi.
After two and a half years in the warp, it was good to see Zube-whatever-the-hell ahead of us. Imagine our surprise when we saw an ancient derelict spinning in empty space. Rasmus said that it was caught between the gravitational fields of the two stars, causing it to spin endlessly. We boarded it and found that its computer was still intact. A Sardion Optimizer! Top of the line, the computer is self-aware and incredibly smart. It's spent the last 200 years just drifting and waiting, unable to bring its ship's engines back online, and I think that may have driven it a little crazy. Nonetheless, it will make a good addition to the ship. We also found a Proton Phasor on board. Nothing we need, but maybe we can turn a profit off it somehow along the way.
From here it's 196 days to Pax, 7.6 LY away.

-------

Captain's Log 12.01.03, 5871 days to go. Pax.
Argos, the planet we're orbiting right now, is a marine world with only one significant landmass. We dispatched a team to check the place out and came across an ancient temple. Inside, we came across a beautifully crafted Chromium Gong, the only object left, other than bare stone. It will look nice on the bridge, I think. Talbot, our xeno-archaeologist was able to translate some of the inscription around the base. Something about the "Five Furies". Finally something Mucron might actually be interested in buying...
Jem is 3.4 LY away.

-------

Captain's Log 3.7.04, 5775 days to go. Jem.
We pulled into orbit above Jem's jungle planet, when we were assaulted by an alien interceptor of unknown origin. What the hell were they thinking? One shot from our Positron scanner was enough to split it in two. Nallen, the Tactical Officer, says that they were already heavily damaged. They had probably just been in an engagement and took us for more enemies. The only thing salvageable was a Hyperwave Tele-Scrambler. It took just over a week to install, and now we're off to Bootis.

-------

Captain's Log 7.19.04, 5641 days to go. En route to Pax from Bootis.
More Urluquai around Bootis, and this time they have a new kind of ship we hadn't encountered before. It's called the Deep Hunter, and it's capale of cloaking. All told there were three of them, with 5 fighter drones. More than we could handle, so we beat a hasty retreat. But we did discover something interesting- as soon as the alert klaxon went off, the Threep started running around in circles like an idiot, whooping its heads off and breaking things. Finally it managed to smack its middle head into the Chromium Gong we had hanging from the bridge ceiling. That knocked the middle head out and seemed to calm the other two, but more importantly it set the gong to ringing. They say that in space, nobody can hear you scream, but we all heard something screaming as five blazing "Furies" came shrieking in towards one of the Deep Hunters, blasting it to pieces. Interesting...

-------

Captain's Log 11.09.04, 5528 days to go. Pax again.
Considering what we now know about the Gong, we're going back back to Bootis to show the Urluquai what's what.

-------

Captain's Log 3.2.05, 5415 days to go. Bootis.
We pulled into orbit over Bootis's dead world, and the Urluquai were still there. I struck the gong above me, and as before, the Five Furies came from who knows where to annihilate a Deep Hunter. Between the Moon Marauder and the Shrike, we burned our way through the fighters to face off against the final Hunter. As soon as it dropped its cloak, we teamed up and killed it. Once we were sure all the Urluquai were toast, we broke out the refreshments and had a grand old time. Sunset Sue even shuttled over to the Shrike to party with us for a while. She was totally checking me out.
Among some of the wreckage of the Urluquai and their victims' ships, we found a Nebular Plow. It'll take two weeks to get set up, but it should make getting around a little easier. Good thing, too, because we got a vidcast from Mucron en route to here, congratulating us on being out here for 15 years without getting ourselves killed. 15 years. How is that possible? We're going to try the Nebular Plow out and head to Anthem, 7.6 LY away and stuck in the middle of a very large cloud.

-------

Captain's Log 5.9.07, 4617 days to go. Anthem.
I'm selling that damn Nebular Plow for the first good offer I can get. We penetrated into the first bit of nebula with little trouble, but about 1 LY into it, the going got slow. Two years of our lives wasted, struggling through space fog that refused to budge.
We found a Ruby Laser Drive on the jungle world of Oorg once we got here, and installed it onto the Marauder. Whoopty crap.
It's 8.1 LY back to Pax, through more damn nebula, and then 7.5 LY to the nearest unexplored system, Gygax. The way this journey has gone, maybe we'll find a cane! I get the feeling I'm going to need one by the time we get there.

-------

Captain's Log 5.10.09, 3886 days to go. Gygax.
Another lifeless rock of a planetoid, with another wreck in decaying orbit above us, with another crappy system left barely worth the time to salvage. Just great. We need to start showing a profit, or Mucron is going to lock me in a room with that Purple People Eater I sold him when we get back to Glory.
4.9 LY to Shard.

-------

Captain's Log 9.05.09, 3768 days to go. Shard.
We fought a pitched battle with a race we'd never seen before, called the Garthans. Angry bunch, but I guess if my face looked like that, I'd have a chip on my shoulder too. 3 corvettes and 2 fighters flew out to meet us, but a Gong ring and a few blasts of the Positron Scrambler and the Marauder's Micrometeorite Gun, we took care of them with no damage.
We searched through what was left of the hold of the last corvette, and came across a strange, inscribed box. We turned it over to Talbot, and he confirmed it to be the Codex of Primordius. He started in on a huge lecture about the supposed cursed it carried, the legends that had built up around it over the centuries, yadda yadda yadda. Gohoda smacked him a good one upside the head, and he got to the point- it's worth money. A LOT of money.
From here it's 5.0 LY to Szilard.

-------

Captain's Log 1.3.10, 3648 days to go. Szilard.
We've been at this for 20 years now. I'm feeling old. We're orbiting Mora, Szilard's forest planet. It might be worth colonizing some day, not that that means anything to us. The only thing worth our time here was the Molybednum Cone Cannon we pried off a drifting, dead fighter. Now off to Frotz, a blue star 6.1 LY from here.

-------

Captain's Log 5.31.10, 3500 days to go. Frotz.
I'm happy. Owens is ecstatic. While scouting the volcanic hell of Id, we came across yet another wreck. This one, however, was like nothing we'd ever seen. The tech was off the scale. Not much was left, but we found maybe the best thing ever- a Hyperdrive. We gave our Ion Flux drive to the Marauder and Owens's boys are installing the Hyperdrive on the Shrike as I write this. Finally after 20 years, our luck is changing. We're going to Amber, 35.6 LY away, sitting in the middle of the Evil Darkness, in a couple of days, and I can't wait.

-------

Captain's Log 7.4.10, 3466 days to go. Amber.
35 LY in 2 months? Everything's comin' up Collins! Nothing too interesting here, just something Ladysmith identified as a "Piranha Bee" swimming around in the waters of the planet below. Where to next? Does it really matter? I think... Ruby.

-------

Captain's Log 9.3.10, 3405 days to go. Ruby.
This system is home to a race called the Muktians. Ugly bastards, they look like giant slugs. They wouldn't let us pass any further, but they let us go without a fight. Ladysmith says that he's heard they've got a reputation as solid folks and willing traders, so I suppose it's best that we don't antagonize them. Maybe some day we'll have something that will spark their interest and convince them to let us stick around their system.