View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2009, 09:14 PM

Corporal

m113apc is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR-Germany vs. UK Long Campaign 44-45

201/3 is taken.
The 6 pounder AT gun that got two of my Panthers on hill 201/1 was located and destroyed.

My Panther Company HQ are now securing the bridge, and engaging enemy infantry that is trying to cross it from north.

One Panther platoon is now heading for 201/5 along the road and has meth no resistance yet.

Scattered infantry units have made it through my defense in 201/4 and taken 201/5.
They were dealt with. I lost two Flammpanzer III in this attempt.

The enemy has rushed in motorized infantry to the southern part of 201/1.
There is at least one enemy Company (-) of strength in force in this area. I have two Panthers and three Tigers engaging them in a delaying action, so my arty can start pounding them.

Enemy Bn HQ in the village east of 202/2 is destroyed, so is two 17 pounder guns.
One of them immobilized one of my Tigers. A platoon of Brandenburgers is now taking up defensive positions in the village.

The battle in 301/2 is fears.
I have all the forces that I can spare in this area now.
The enemy has brought in a stream of infantry, and now I’m facing at least one Churchill also. My FJ pioneer coy has arrived, but when they were in the process of moving in to their sectors the enemy brought inn all his arty on my staging area.
So now they are getting pounded by 155mm, 25 pounders and 81mm.

I have also assigned one Tiger from the village north of 301/3, and one Tiger II that have been hunting for enemy armor in 301.

Enemy has retaken 301/3 with about two platoons of infantry, and one mobile 40mm AA. My StuG and some Sdkfz 251/1 positioned between 301/2 and 301/3 are engaging these forces as we speak.
Arty support has been requested.

I lost on StuG to enemy AA (Bofors 40mm) west of 301/3.
The other StuG made it to the enemy positions of arty in the far edge of the battlefield.
It knocked out two Sextons.

All the enemy forces have been dealt with in 203/1 and 203/2.
My FJ now located in the far west of the southern town have given me Intel of several mobile 40 mm AA moving against 203/2.

The indication is that the enemies now are throwing everything at me.

One of my Sdkfz 251/1 on a recon mission was engaged by a Churchill south of 201/5, but not hit. My guess is that there is enemy armor getting ready to attack me in this sector.

There are also indications of several motorized units, and some mechanized pushing for the frontline several other places.

I’m running low on ammo on several of my tanks and support vehicles, and have only my MG to hold the enemy.

My forces are now so thin spread that you probably could drive a Company through my frontline, without me noticing.

My Tiger’s and Tiger II are rushed between the sectors, to prevent a enemy breakthrough.

My forces all along the frontline are now battered and worn out.
My hops is that the destruction of the enemy Bn HQ will help me out a bit, especially the paras are a nut to crack, they are even worse since I almost have no infantry to spare for my armor protection. There have been several attempts of close attacks on my armor by infantry that have sneaked up on me.

Enemy Typhoons have been beating up my Wespe batteries.
I must take a risk, and letting them stay to finish up their assigned fire missions.

More to follow.

EOM...

Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition; but to our daughters there is something which there are no words to express." -Joseph Addison
(I have a daughter; I had to put this on)