Thread: Babylon 5 Mod
View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2001, 09:08 PM

Major

Val is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Babylon 5 Mod

It would be great to get as many races defined as possible, even if someone only wants/has time/is able to do the 3d rendering, I'm sure we can find people that are interested in doing the AI. Not to mention Master Belisarius' excellent AIs that could be adapted over to the B5 Mod. I don't think there are many temporal races in B5, but that doesn't mean a new race couldn't be added or one of the lesser defined ones could be used.

If we can get an idea as to who wants to do what race, then we can hopefully avoid double work and get to a finished Mod that much quicker.

Also, I have finished the basic map (attached B5.map) for the B5 universe Mod. I based it on the Agent's of Gaming Bab5 Wars game map.

I still need to fill out the systems with planets and I am trying to keep with the B5 history (with habitable planets where they mention them). Does anyone know if there is a way to generate random solar systems within a map that is already created?

As of right now I have all the worm holes 'stacked' in each system to be more like the jump gates in B5. What I would really like to do is put a delay on the jump points. Does anyone know if this is possible? Would we be able to add an effect/ability like like "Warp Point - Jump Delay"?