View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2009, 12:20 PM

Captain

Psycho is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conceptual Balance Mod 1.6

There are a few thing I don't like here:

1) Gorgon 150 points - it's too much. Pangaea needs their Gorgon.

2) Tartarians -25% hp. I'd rather see reducing their numbers in games, than nerfing them further. I think that increased gem cost would be a better thing to do.

3) Hero's Blade - this one scares me the most. It seems such a huge boost to thug nations, the ones that can already take 90% of your provinces in one turn.

4) MA Agartha got crossbows - seems unthematic, they are living in caverns.

5) Sauromatia poison archers increased to 20 gold. I think this is too much. Firstly, they are a capital only unit and secondly they are not better than Ctis poison slingers which cost 15 gold.

6) Tomb wyrms got fear - this could be overpowering.

7) Kailasa capital only mages cheaper, and all sacred troops -5 gold. Kailasa doesn't have money problems, I could always buy all the troops I needed. And besides, their sacreds work better in small groups, you don't need many of them. Reducing prices of celestial summons is what is needed because of the clam nerf.

8) Naiad Warriors too cheap, could be overpowering.

So as not to appear to be just criticizing, I will state some of the changes that I particularly liked:

- Clams, Blood stones and Fever Fetishes Unique items
- Midget Masher doing AOE damage
- Juggernauts with awe
- Heroes improvements
- MA Oceania now gets mermages in coastal forts and Capricorns only lose 1w when out of water
- MA man wardens and lord wardens everywhere.
- EA Arco engineer recruitable everywhere