View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2009, 01:31 PM

Private

Lurker_at_Threshold is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any Machaka love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCG View Post
I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask, but what myths would you say inspired Machaka, I know in the book it says...er...can't remember atm, but it did say something about the phatom comics as well, I was hoping someone could point me towards a good book or site or something, being as everything for the EA mod I've done has been completely pulled out of the void that is my mind, and based around the two words "Lion Kings" in EA Machakas nation slot, not much to really go on...and I'd like to tie some real world myths in, could be fun.
The epic of Sundiata would probably be your best bet. Historical king but with much legend thrown in, in terms of magic and such. I did however read an excellent hellboy story, Makoma, that had an african setting. Not sure if its based on solid mythology but it would be quite workable in game terms (Hellboy relives the exploits of a legendary hero, who overcomes and befriends the giants of the forest, mountain and river, defeats a fire demon, and a powerful necromancer before he is forced to fight an apocalyptic dragon and leave the world reborn in the wake of the combat.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lurker_at_Threshold For This Useful Post: