View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2010, 02:48 PM

Sergeant

LumenPlacidum is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kingdom of Angmar - Version 0.51 available

1 slave per snaga?! These goblins aren't particularly effective. Bone fiends come at 9 fiends per 3 slaves, and they have good hitpoints, attack, defense, and 2 attacks at about the same damage. Square by square, they're very comparable. I don't think they'd be worth any more than 2:1, and I think even that is stretching it. You can only actually get blood magic with your cap-only mages anyway, and they have to perform the double duty of hunting and summoning. The slaves are worth comparatively more for Angmar than for other blood nations because of the relative lack of blood mages.

Edit: didn't notice bone fiends were size 3 so the square-by-square comparison isn't exactly right. Imps, however, are a reasonable comparison. Less armor and damage, encumbrance, WAY bigger defense, flying, fire immune, banishable are the differences. Imps weigh in at 5 per slave...

I'll try 12 snaga per 6 slaves, because I like to err on the side of caution, but I suspect it won't be a good enough option for people to actually use it.