Wdll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Updates in light of Ukraine war

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansoar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdll View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zovs66 View Post
There will be no T-14s, interesting article and that is the conclusion from the Bulgarian Military.

https://bulgarianmilitary.com/amp/20...MKNtsHsm46JHe8
I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I always thought the T-14 as a BS project. It never felt real, more like a model, a plastic toy for something which doesn't exist.
How so? I understand from an economic viewpoint that there there may be a lack of means to mass produce the vehicle. From a technical standpoint, T-14 appears on paper to be formidable while also promoting crew survivability via an evolved auto-loader mentality. (aka, now the entire turret is unmanned, saving manpower needs). [insert autoloader meme here... . ]

The modular concept I found intriguing, esp the IFV variant though whether that is economically viable was a first counter-thought. Obviously if they can't produce enough MBT versions, thats a problem.

How so? They were supposed to have 100s or even thousands (I don't remember) by early 2020s. That was almost a decade ago and before the current war and everything that came with it. Do they have even 100? I seriously doubt they have even double digit tanks of this type.
I was supposed to be married with kids and a well paid job by the time I hit 30. 50% later and I am single, no kids, no job and ready to be homeless. Dreams and plans are fun, but when life hits you or you make bad choices, the results speak of themselves.
Where are the "armata"? Nowhere. And it's not like they are building them as we speak. Before current economic sunctions.
I have no doubt it will be used as an excuse, by some, but I seriously doubt we would have T-14 tanks in the next 10 years. Talking about numbers, not prototypes.

Second and far less important, It looks fake. I am talking about pure looks. It looks like something it was designed in haste to protect their jobs if not their lives. Then tried to cover the lie and failed.
Yes hypothetically it's an interesting tank. Realistically it's at best a project many years away from a real product.
IMO of course.