View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2013, 11:46 AM

Sergeant

Corinthian is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Non NewB. Submit Pretenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhazair View Post
Yeah, well played to you too. The entire war was very well executed on your part. Gonna have to keep an eye on you in the future I think.

My pretender got killed by your Strands of Arcane Power unfortunately. Too bad, with his reasearch I would have had access to Harm otherwise. Now, I never really got to use that spell in battle before, but I'm thinking that harm cast by 7B casters can cause some serious pain. Together with the 3 Slaughtermasters your strands feebleminded that was a serious weakening of my Sabbath. Wouldn't have been enough to win, mind you, but would have caused some more damage.
Huh? Strands killed your pretender and feebleminded the blood mages? But strands is supposed to magic duel astral mages and mindburn other mages? Does it actually midburn astral mages if they have other magic paths? And does it have chance to feeblemind normal mages or is it just a quality of midburn that it cause feblemindedness to the survivors? Even so, if the wiki is correct then your pretender would have had to fail two MR checks in a row and suffered enough damage from mindburn to die. The chance of that happening to one mage among 20 is pretty decent. But it seem a pretty negligible chance vs an MR 16 pretender. Maybe it gets one check to fail twice for every path the mage got?

I have never seen anyone cast strands in MP before actually. I mainly cast it so that it would sitesearch for me, but I might have accidentally something really good!

As for harm, I intentionally mixed my undead and human forces so that spells that kills undead would hit the humans and things that only affect the living, like Harm, would hit the undead. It might have killed my mercs real good though.