View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2006, 11:54 AM

Brigadier General

President_Elect_Shang is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Component.txt Knowledge Base

The problem is that weapons fire automatically, meaning you may target them but they fire by themselves. The ability “Component - Destroyed On Use” is a player used ability. It’s like apples and oranges (automatic and player activated) unless you can talk Aaron into re-writing the code this component won’t work the way you want it to. For my Mod I have an XO weapon too; are you copying me? Anyway there are two ways to work around your problem.

1. Set the “Weapon Reload Rate MS Formula to a very high number so the weapon will only fire once every combat action. I did this for a type of satellite that was intended to be a one shot deal. Since I couldn’t blow the thing up (like you are trying to do here) I just set the reload time to something absurdly huge.

2. Split your weapon into components (what I did for my XO weapons). First make an XO Rack that launches only “XO Weapons”. Then make a new vehicle called an “XO Weapon. Give the vehicle a limited number of slots and then break the type of missiles you want into components as warheads or weapons. Just remember that your drone/XO Weapon will try to ram regardless of what you put inside. The work around to that is to set the tonnage low (what I did) so when it hits it won’t do much in the way of extra damage. Or there may be a way to create a new strategy for your XO Weapon to use that keeps it from ramming. I haven’t tried this out so that may be a long shot.