View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2009, 11:46 AM

First Lieutenant

K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A Discussion on kingmaking and community standards.

Sombre,

Here's a short course on forum etiquette to address your core issues:

1. Its not your job to skewer people you've decided are self-important with jokes at their expense in each and every thread they post in. It's especially inappropriate if that is your sole reason for posting.

2. You can't imply insulting things about people and get away with it just because you never said anything directly. Implying you would never play with someone because you heard they have a bad reputation is the same as saying they are bad players that should be avoided, and doing so in response to a particular posting is the same as slander of that person. Anyone with a basic mastery of the English language can read between the lines, and you are not fooling anyone.

3. Posting constantly and in all threads to up your post count does not make people respect your opinion more. No one notices the little number at the top of the post or give it any weight if they do. Here's some advice: take a page from Micah's book. He's often condescending and rude, but also has valuable insights to share. Because of this, people listen to him and give him some measure of respect (even me, though I would be greatly surprised if he cares).

4. No one wants to read past thread drama to get to the posts on the thread's topic. Baiting people to provoke thread drama lowers you in everyone's eyes.

Now, I'm going to give you the opportunity to have the last word in this exchange. Consider your words carefully.