View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2010, 02:58 PM

Corporal

ExplorerBob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Thief has FLAG "event" and "always". Possible bug?

Coincidentally, it happens that I came across this a few months ago, when I was changing things for my mod.

Because I've always used the Mac version, and don't recall 1.1 very well, I didn't remember the sabotage quest being in there -- I figured it was something from SAIS that they decided not to implement, at the last minute, and also that, for some reason, the WW team decided it would be a good idea to have an item get stolen every game.

Anyway, I changed the thief file so that a) it won't always show up, and so that b) the saboteur one might.

In a way, it's hard to say which is worse. On one hand, you'll lose an average of one item a game the old way, just because Essy is in every map, but on the other hand, while you won't surely lose an item the 'new' way, you can take much more damage when it does happen; lose a particle vortex cannon, or a hyperdrive, or another irreplaceable item of value.

Either way, though, thief.ini without the always flag is probably what is intended for normal play.