View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2012, 04:51 AM

Sergeant

Knai is on a distinguished road
Default Re: this was a bummer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torin View Post
The "feature" you say its unintended by the devs. An accident. Besides i dont say its cheating. I say its lame. And if every nation has an aedge why those players cant play a random nation game??
Did you ever seen a player win with maenads? how those undead are superior units? Wrong examples. Acro mind hunt its too srong yes.
So your hypothesis is that the developers accidentally put in separate playing styles for every nation? Moreover, it is still a complete accident despite, for instance, drastic differences in nation specific spells, dominion effects, and of course troops? Really?

As for the various "cheap" strategies, every one of them has counters. Take Vanheim - domes pretty much close that strategy entirely. Take Arco - mindless commanders can just ignore Mind Hunt, and it isn't like there aren't assassination spells that can target Arco. Hordes of undead can be valuable, particularly high quality undead with generally better stats (Lanka, C'tis), etc.

As for people not playing random nation games, really learning how to use a nation well takes time. Moreover, some nations fit some people, and just won't fit others. EA Mictlan is incredibly powerful, that doesn't mean that I am any good with them. Just having an edge isn't enough, one has to know how to use it.