View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2008, 02:56 PM

Brigadier General

Slick is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Population Migration

The problem here is that it is in the player's best interest to undome planets as soon as possible, but I've never seen the migration routine ever move the last non-breathers off a planet; certainly not in the first turn after correct-breathing popluation is on the planet. Since undoming a planet is so important to game success in opening up more facility and cargo space, the player is forced to:

- move them with transports for in-game role playing or game moral reasons - extremely slow and tedious

- manually scrap them - tedious at best

- use BM minister - which I haven't used yet so I'm not sure if a log message is given to let you know that you can now build more facilities on these planets. If a log message is given, that would be great. If not, this would again be tedious due to having to figure out which planets have open facility slots and not building facilities, then address their construction queues.

The best answer would be a change to the game where planets would undome on the next turn after receiving correct breathers by having the migration routine move the incorrect breathers elsewhere - AND a log entry to inform the player of this so he can take action. There is no good reason that I can think of to have non-breathers on a planet; it only has negative consequences. I have been bugging MM for this but you know how it goes, or doesn't.