View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2002, 04:51 AM

Private

GR Decker is on a distinguished road
Default Should I listen to the review or buy it anyway?

M.U.L.E was always one of my Favorites, and I didn't go wrong buying Space Empires so I couldn't wait till Space horse came out....
But then I read the review from Gone Gold and they make it seem like it is not worth the price.
Who's all bought it? It dosen't seem like very many judging by the lack of activity in this forum and do you think it is worth the price. I'm not asking if it's a good game just is it worth over $30. (by the time you add shipping onto the price you're up to a $35. game)
How does it compare to other full price games? Is it in the same Category?
Gone Gold says it shoud be worth about $10. Am I gonna be wasting my money on this thing or not?

Thanks George
(what follows is an exert from Gone Golds review of Spacehorse)

The problem with Space HoRSE, as I see it, lies in its price. At 29.99 it is implying that it belongs in the realm of the big boys- as most major releases can be had near this price point on sale. We can all grab the Warcraft III’s and the Mafia’s of the world in the $30-35 price range within months after release. But since Space HoRSE is sold Online through Shrapnel, it’s likely to stay near $30 for awhile. It simply is not a good value at this price. Sure the game is solid and the AI is decent but the overall gameplay is not on par with that found in major releases. If Space HoRSE was a $10 game then I could recommend messing around with it the same way we mess around with Bejeweled or Atomic Bonds or Tetris. But at this price, I’m expecting a full-fledged game and I’m not getting it here.