View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2008, 05:32 AM

Corporal

Campeador is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Multiverse Mod

Multiverse Mod 1 Update to V1.03
Multiverse_1-Enemy_From_Beyond-V1.03

Bugs that could crash the game:

Scan base bug – it was possible to not do the scanning and continue with the mission. That would have caused a crash later on. (Thanks ‘Enrico’ for that one!)
-- The FIX: Now the player won’t be able to get the next mission unless he does the scanning successfully.
There were some planets on the Star Fury system (the Beta sectors) where the player could land. Since the landing sites were not coded into the game this will cause an immediate crash when trying to land.
--- The FIX: The landing site of those planets was removed.

Bugs that could impact the game play:

Illumidas carrier with no fighters
-- -The FIX: The carrier has fighters now.
The Fazrah cruiser had only half the intended power generators.
-- The FIX: The Fazrah cruiser has two power generators.
There was the possibility of a starbase being destroyed at mission start due to collision as ships materialize. This will prevent the game to continue on.
---The FIX: This could have happen twice, the first time on the very first mission as the Fazrah attack the starbase. Now the mission has a time limit were the player is required to protect the base and emphasizing that the starbase MUST survive or that ‘failure’ is not an option. If the base is destroyed before the timer is out the player has to redo the mission. The player could have done this before without the change but now this issue is resolve in the first five minutes of the mission and not half an hour into the particular scenario.
Some weapons were rebalanced. This also includes the last minute change on the Argo’s shock cannons (Thanks ‘SJ’ for catching that one).
Some scenarios were rebalanced due to the minor changes on weapons that actually impacted the game play. --- The cause of this was the Mogami ‘Light Missile Type-2’ (not the Argo).
The Starbases were rebalanced -- There was really not much difference between small bases and large ones. Now smaller Starbases are naturally weaker than large ones.

Other Improvements:

The grammar was revised and corrected by ‘RasterOps’. Special Thanks! ---I did add some minor new changes on various txt files after RasterOps corrections, so if there are some mistakes I am sure that it was my doing.
Some of the new components, ship skins and pictures bitmaps were improved. Now the ships skins do not look as washed out as before and it also have better contrast. Special thanks to my big-bro John! ---This was done for Multiverse 2, so I am also applying it to Multiverse 1.
Added some degree of randomness on cargo items on ships, especially enemy ships.