Thread: Multiverse Mod
View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2008, 04:33 PM

General

Baron Munchausen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Multiverse Mod

I've run into a problem in campaign 2. When I try to return to Eternus as ordered, I get an event when entering the Octopus system, but this event doesn't work. It screws up the system and I can't get the game to do anything. When I Alt-tab out and come back it becomes possible to recover, sort of. The message for the event plays, but then the hidden ship never appears no matter how long I sit around and wait for it. When I finally quit the game, the is a message about an "access violation". So something in this event doesn't work properly.

Oh, and the sheer volume of fighters and weapons effects flying around in the Star Wars part of the campaign really overloads my computer. Yeah, it's an older computer. You might think about how to reduce the load there. As cool as it looks, it's just too much going on. I had to turn off the sound to get a reasonable degree of performance. Another thing that seemed to help was speeding up the weapons bit-maps effects. Since they spent less time being drawn, there was less over-all load.