Thread: Multiverse Mod
View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:02 AM

Corporal

rstaats10 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Multiverse Mod

What more can I really say? You've made another awesome mod Campeador! I enjoyed playing the Klingons. There was no bugs in the gameplay at all. The only mission I struggled with was the one to take out the Federation starbase. The first time I focused too much on the Federation battlecruisers and that left me fighting in the end against 11 Federation battlecruisers and the Federation starbase. Needless to say, I didn't make it the first time. The second time I focused my attacks on the Federation starbase, as the mission states to do, and destroyed it. It was a good feeling to blow it up and have about 10-11 Federation battlecruisers chasing me to the warpoint.
Also very nice music selection. I really liked it.

Some minor things to condider changing:
(1) have player start with the bird of prey instead of the fighter
(2) change weapon beam burn colors in the component text to match the color of the beams used for the weps. (burn color is the color effect at the end of the beam when the beam hits a target)
(3) make the point defense cannons in the bitmap effects text have a width of say 0.5 instead of 4 but keep the 0.15 height. I tried it out and the pdc's effect looks better imo. BTW using a beam effect for pdc's acting as a bolt was an awesome idea. The effects come out really nice.

Thanks for your hard work in the mods. Your stories are great. I love playing multiverse from the different perspectives (races). The idea of cloaking the ships/bases was a great idea even if my eyes had a little trouble seeing the objects. I especially loved playing the Klingons! I am looking forward to multiverse 6 coming out! I own a lot of pc games...different types...old...new...Turn based and RTS...and I tell you this Starblazers and Multiverse you created ranks right up near the top in the most enjoyment I've had in a pc game. Thanks again!

Last edited by rstaats10; October 19th, 2009 at 12:10 AM..