Thread: Multiverse Mod
View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2009, 10:44 PM

Corporal

Campeador is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Multiverse Mod

Rstaats10, Q, Baron, Enrico, mikewhl - I am glad you guys liked the mod!

I have been gone on vacation for a month, and shortly before that I was dedicating time to test some of the suggestions, so forgive me for not responding sooner.

About Rstaats10 suggestions:
(1) I would have liked to start not only this mod but all the previous ones with one of my custom made ships but the game always crash. The program I have used to create the ships and therefore the "xfiles" does not agree with Star Fury. When for the first time you select the player ship you will notice the ship 3D detail, the ship just spinning. The inability or bug on the program I used to create the ships is what crashes the game. That is the reason of why I have to use always a stock ship just to start.
(2) Weapon beam burn colors - what an eye for detail you have! I have played the game a zillion times and never noticed that. If I do an update I will have it fixed, for sure it will be fixed on the next campaign.
(3) Point defense cannon on the Fed and Klingon Battlecruiser - I borrow those from the Star Destroyers that I used on the Mod. Those ships are so big that the effect looks ok. But when used on a smaller ship like the ones on Star Trek they do look long... I try them at the setting you suggested from 4 to 0.5 and they indeed looks much better, so you will see them trim on the next campaign! Thanks for your input!!

For all people complaining that he campaign is short - you are all absolutely right! It is just a decision of waiting six months to play a mod or waiting a whole year to play one twice as long.

The Bird of Prey campaign was not difficult and that is partially because their presence had to match what the players have seen on the previous campaigns which was not much, just a few encounters. The next campaign, Multiverse 6, it will be more challenging and it will finally move the story from the previous 5 campaigns forward!

PS: I have tried to find entertaining song selection when the player dies, which one is your favorite? Campaign 1&2 use the same but the rest are different. (Just start any campaign and crash the ship against a planet or something so that you can hear it.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Campeador For This Useful Post: