Thread: Merkava.
View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:09 AM

BANNED USER

kevineduguay1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Merkava.

IMP,

Yes weapons slots are a problem but they can be overcome by combining the firepower of some of the MGs. For instance the 50cal MG and the 7.62mm CMG can be made into on weapon as could the two 7.62 mm AAMG. This leaves two slots open, one for the mortar and one for the main gun. The only versions of the Merkava that this will not work with are those armed with the LAHAT ATGM. Even if you eliminate the 50cal MG you still have to include the 7.62mm CMG and at least one 7.62mm AAMG. So with the LAHAT armed vehicles the mortar would have to be left off or all the AAMGs.
Ammo for the mortar came up as 30 rounds on most sources I found. They also said that most were HE. But like you said there are other rounds carried. So a game loadout of 15-20 rounds would be a fair solution.

Marcello,

I classed mine as a "Gun APC" Unit class 127. I will edit my original post for clarification. When the AI uses this class of APC it will move and shoot like a tank but I must admit that I have not fully tested this yet so your concerns may be valid. If a AI problem exists a custom human player unit would still be nice.
I have seen sites that also talk about reduces ammo loadouts for the main gun if infantry are carried. But other sites claim that this space is available for troop evacuation even with a normal ammo load.
If you can evacuate troops you can carry troops.
The rear compartment can be packed with more main gun ammo if nessessary. 30+ rounds of 120mm can be placed in this space. With this load no troops would be carried.
So if they can put 30 extra rounds of 120mm back there why not why not 8 men with small arms and maybe a LMG?