View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2012, 03:48 PM

Sergeant

Shardphoenix is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Man: A Bless nation in CBM 1.92?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightypeon View Post
In MA Mans defense, Sleepers are comparable to Banes although a fair bit more expensive.
No, they are not. They lack Bane`s 0 enc., prophetizing them doesn`t give you reanimation abilities and they are vulneurable to numbness/frozen heart.

Quote:
It also has a 2 decent evocations (Sleep Cloud and Storm of Thorns) of which one is quite early.
And the second one comes when everyone else is already entering endgame.
Quote:
If you wish to expend some gems, Nature has the very useful Swarm and Howl Spells. Summoning Sprites also has significant niche uses.
Sure, nature magic is nice to have - but saying that it is comparable to death...
Quote:
Last but not least it also gets Faeri Queens.
Roughly, a copy of your cap-only mage... For a ton of gems. I think, I`ll pass.

Quote:
It is also a nice forging path. With regen gear, reinvig gear, and one highly usefull anti thug weapon (Axe of hate).
But you still lack astral for luck and AMA.

I think CBM was quite succesfull in boosting formerly weak nations such as MA Man and MA ulm into competetive levels, labelling MA Man as overpowered is quite the insult to the likes of Pythium or Shinuyama though.[/quote]
Quote:
Your not seriously saying that any A3 mage has deployment issues.
More like "quantity and mortality issues". They die like flies outside of Growth-3 dominion, and you don`t have enough of them to easily replace.
Quote:
Rubbish, worst case is that it cost you 45 air gems to empower...
Rubbish, you aren`t going to have that many spare air gems as Man. And air boosters are the most expensive ones.