View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2022, 06:03 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ukraine 2021(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Maybe people don't realize how far ahead of the curve the development team of Win SPMBT were/are by displaying the ascendancy of infantry over armor. The most recent fracas in Ukraine has mirrored the capabilities incredibly well. I play by myself, and mostly create Assault/Defend scenarios, or Advance defend. The defensive side rarely gets much heavy armor. Instead I rely on infantry to do the job. This reflects well what has happened during the past three weeks. So I have to express kudos for that level of detail. It really seems more of reality reflecting the game than the game reflecting vice versa.

I think the rise was displayed very well during the Yom Kippur War kit, but then Desert Storm and Iraq II kind of put the kabosh on what would really happen when armor is faced with a committed infantry.

I have to make my Assault scenarios even more unbalanced thn the 3/1 point sread because Defense is now almost an arcade setting. I know its a bit dicier than that in Ukraine, however, I also know that tanks are far more visible to ACAV cameras than are infantry squads in cover. It helps, too, that the AI is at least as competent as the Russian command.
Don't you think that's a bit rude? I don't think the A.I in this game is even close to the Russian command. Russian command would wish to be as good. As I see it they are closer to the easy difficulty setting of the AI in the game Command and Conquer Red Alert. And that's being polite.