View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2012, 08:31 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WIP campaign 29th Infantry division (testers appreciated)

I had a little go only half a dozen turns & be a while till I get back to it due to other commitments but observations being critical.
1) Personal prefrence, I would prefer the FOO as first unit bought so easier to find especially in crowded beach landing.
2) The baz team would be nicer if split into 2 or 3 teams
3) Landing craft loadouts as you supplied are a bit strange
Whole baz team in one while others just contain a single baz.
Perhaps just lay them out by platoon with their landing craft buy them & let the player load, you could get rid of a few landing crafts to.
Negates the need for the filler scenerio as can see what forces you have.

I landed correctly one company each beach & easy red is the one having a hard time due to that damn sniper & they are taking most of the arty. In the South virtually unopossed so far though a fair few bunkers I think.
Perhaps add a few turns as I lost contact a lot with my naval arty & lets you move landing craft into range to drop observed shots.
All landing crafts are still alive just damaged.
For beach landings smoke is key need carefull thought land your mortars & MGs wrong & your in big trouble.
Z fire mgs & z fire your mortars to get smoke down early & let you spread out.
I got this wrong on easy red but the other landings the beach was completly hiden by smoke the turn after I landed the mortars. One 60mm mortar direct firing smoke blanketed 90% of the beach by its self.
A lot can go wrong but if you can land your mortars right it helps a lot, remember to leave them a path through the smoke to direct fire & place smoke further in.

You need to survey the beach carefully quite a few beach hexes are actually shallow water so slow movement, dont know if this was an error or on purpose.