Thread: Mod Barbarians Unified
View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2008, 08:13 AM

Sergeant

BandarLover is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New mod: Barbarians Unified

Ok, since my time is short, I'm essentially copy/pasting the PM I sent Juzza.

My vision for this mod was a Late Era nation that was more magic oriented but less advanced military-wise. Barbarians, as a rule, should rely heavily on swarm tactics, but their units are far from chaff, maybe not well armoured but the equal or greater in offensive combat skills. The only unit I am rather unhappy with as far as looks go is the Bear Warrior. I had intended to make him look beefier, a little taller, think Ajax from the movie Troy. Included in the mod are also 1 new pretender that Sombre graciously whipped up rather quickly, and 1 hero unit, the Barbarian King. My intent was for him to be a very thuggable commander, but I never got him to appear so I prolly did something wrong command-wise. I had intended 2 other pretender types to go along with the bear (Shardik) and the Son of Frenrir (the 'Wolf' aspect of the nation): A large White Hart god and one 3 headed monstrosity (Think 3 wolf heads with deer antlers rising from each head on the upright body of a bear with goat's legs. My inspiration for this came from Mastadon's Blood Mountain cd. Check their website to see the cover art) that I don't know what to name yet. I leave any other hero types to your discretion. I could really only think of one other, an ancient crone type, with high magic and holy skills.

Those were my thoughts in a nutshell.