Thread: Mod Barbarians Unified
View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2008, 04:30 PM

First Lieutenant

Cor2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New mod: Barbarians Unified

I have played about half way through a game. I am enjoying it alot. Here are some of my thoughts and suggestions in no order:

Its your mod, don't feel obligated to follow my advice.

I think the sacreds are too cheap, I would up the cost to 15 or 20 gold.

What is a Thane? The text leaves me a little puzzled. Maybe insert a sentence that says " A Thane is... A Thane does this..."

Mages are a little weak even for late age. Maybe add another 10% chance at a random on there. Or maybe relpace one of the two who get auto nature with a Toad/rain shamen that gets auto water or something.

I was hoping for a little more variety, I agree with the decision to leave out the Amazons (thematically they would never get along) but how bout some women warriors. How bout some chaff with rocks and sticks? How bout a huge guys with huge axes? Whatever you add more options would be welcome.

I like having access to troops with stealth/ pillage/ survival. very nice. Pillage is so cool and rare, I love to see more of it. Not sure I agree with the standard on the commanders however. Barbarians are not well know for their organization.

no starting gem site. we need one.

Everything is recruitable everywhere. It overpowers the nation. maybe make only one sacred recruitable outside capitol and make the big shamen capitol only.

One last thing. I think they should benifit from turmoil scales. As it is they benift from order, which is what they are fighting against. Maybe make some units autosummon based on turmoil?

Hope this helps!