View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2008, 09:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

IndyPendant is on a distinguished road
Default Seeking permanent sub for MA Ermor, Priori game.

Hi all.

I will be handing off MA Ermor in Priori to whoever would like it. You have a *very* good chance of winning this game; I'm at or near the top of just about every single chart. I am definitely the #1 contender for winning, with only one other nation even in my league (Pangaea). The biggest issue for my replacement will most likely be that this has been bringing me a lot of attention.

Ermor has been at war in one way or another for pretty much the entire game.

We are deep in end-game, and I am currently at war with two nations: Man and Vanheim. I am also sieging Agartha's capital with no way to crack that egg anytime soon. (Cor2 just. won't. let. go! ; ) Vanheim is more of a nuisance than a threat right now, but he is slowly gaining back his territories, mostly due to Man's timely assistance, and he will likely move back into a solid threat position while you fight off Man.

I've been getting my *** handed to me recently. Repeatedly. And it's primarily because I'm having trouble adjusting to the Dom3 endgame, where everything is about the gems, the SCs, and the spells--and army content is pretty much irrelevant. (Have I mentioned that I *HATE* Dom3 endgame? ; ) Nevertheless, I do know this is the way the endgame is played, so it's not like I haven't been planning for that. You should find yourself in a solid position with lots of options when you take over.

I have some surprises for my foes almost ready to be launched, which I will describe to my replacement, to use or not as he wishes. I'm reasonably certain these plans would still allow me to take the win, despite recent setbacks--but this potential brings me no anticipation. The prospect of plodding my way for untold hours through a game where essentially units and tactics are completely irrelevant, and only cookie-cutter armies of gems, SCs, and spells matter...is exceedingly tedious for me. Games are all about fun, and I'm just not having fun with Dom3 endgame.

So. If you like the idea of having a *very* solid end-game position handed to you to play out on your own...it's yours!

--IndyPendant.