View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2006, 02:18 PM

Lieutenant General

Boron is on a distinguished road
Default Re: a difficult Pangaean strategy

Interesting discussion Gandalf .

Quote:
Gandalf Parker said:
I also should make a strong effort to develop a blessed strategy since the white centaur unit is stealth and blessable. Along with white centaur leaders and dryads it could be quite formidable if I can pay for it by taking harsh scales.

In blitzes dual blessed white centaurs are very popular.
They usually stealthraid in a similiar way you described above in your strategies and eventually they unite and defeat the enemy main army.

Centaurs and white centaurs are imho very formidable als normal armies too, they are only expensive.

In dom2 Turin and Jeffr very often played Pan in longterm games too, usually with a dualbless.

Because of the higher gold income and some other changes like summonable carrion wood units i think Pan is even a bit better in dom3 than it was in dom2.

I find Pan to be a very interesting nation because they are flexible, but need to be played very differently to other nations because of their rather unique national troops + commanders.

Some vague thoughts for a bless strat, many parts are old Dom2 strats that should work as well or even better in Dom3:

Mother Oak is only Alteration 5, so if you research it asap you can usually keep it a while before it gets dispelled.

Destruction, Iron Warriors, Invulnerability and Wooden Warriors are also Alteration 1-5 spells.

Turmoil 3 is a bit more attractive because of Maenads.

I personally would invest most of my nature gems then in Carrion Reanimators.

A combination of Carrion Beasts with Maenads and centaurs/centaur warriors, all enchanced with some spells like Iron Warriors/Weapons of Sharpness/Regneration etc. etc. casted by Pans sounds imho scary in Midgame.

But the main problem i have with Pan is money. Centaurs cost a lot, Pans cost a lot, White Centaurs long for a strong bless, Maenads make Turmoil 3 somewhat attractive ... .

So i have always severe Research- and Moneyproblems as Pan compared to a nation like late era Argatha or Pythium .