Thread: Map Poke in the Eye
View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2007, 03:38 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Poke in the Eye map

more background...
I use a program (written in basic) to generate the .map fresh each time I want to. It copies the original map info of terrains and neighbors, then it runs sequentially thru the full number of provinces (125) and for each one it randomly decides to assign
A) structures (castle, lab, temple, any combo) about a 1 in 50 chance
B) for each province it randomly selects a commander from all of the units in the game (1809 as of last patch) and assigns it there, then it randomly picks another unit and assigns 2-10 bodyguards of that type, then randomly picks another unit and assigns 5 to 12 as a squad. Oh, and the commander gets random magical equipment.
C) it also randomly sets alliances between the nations (only kicks in if they are AI). Hmmm I just noticed that it only sets the first 17 (Dom2 code) so I need to fix that.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)