Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
.com.unity Forums - View Single Post - Ban-a-thon
Thread: Ban-a-thon
View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ban-a-thon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodstamp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelloid View Post
Since a lot of ink has been spilled over what happened, my impression on the communion thread:

blah blah blah
It was mentioned in the thread that English was not the native language of some of the people that got angry over the thread. Sarcasm often doesn't translate well through written text, and if they truly did not speak English as a first language, can you imagine how hard it would be to "get" the joke, especially since not everyone spends as much time on the forum as some of us.

Are you suggesting that the people who got upset in that thread be punished for not getting the joke?
I did put a big disclaimer on how much I thought Verjigorm was responsible.

Peter was directly and specifically attacking and baiting Maerlande. Even if english is somehow not his first language, that is no defense of his conduct. And if you actually read my post you'd know that. (Edit: Not that you can read it anymore apparently, although the original thread speaks for itself).

Edit Edit: I also never suggested anyone get punished.

Ulm: Order of the Black Rose - Reimagining MA Ulm

A more Sombre forum: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?.act=idx. Now with more Maerlande.