View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2011, 01:17 AM

Corporal

Rejakor is on a distinguished road
Default New Player and Mods

Hi, i'm a new Dom3 player, and i'm planning on organizing a LAN MP game with a bunch of other new players.

I've been reading through this forum and llamabeast's server, but i'm still confused.

CBM's development stopped at 1.44, but other people have made some tentative extensions on that? Was it ever picked up properly by someone? I see there's a few 'CBM 1.6'/'CBM 1.7' mods on llamabeast's server.. are those legit? Which CBM should I get?

I'm interested in Pretenders being slightly more impressive than they are right now... ideally i'd want them straight out the gate to be able to take level 5 indies, or for mage pretenders, do 5ish turns of research for alteration/evocation and then be able to take out indies. I know that certain pretenders with certain paths can already do this (cyclops, Prince of Death, dom9 wyrm, etc), but i'd still like a bit more impressive pretenders. The Greater Gods mod says it does this, but i'm worried it won't work with CBM? Does it? Is it the best solution?

Are there any other balance/gameplay mods that are worth putting in? Graphics updates?

Are any of the new nations balanced and interesting enough to be worth using?