View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2011, 12:47 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New Player and Mods

Hmm, CBM did not stop at 1.44, no. Why do you say that? Maybe I need to tidy up all the mods on llamaserver and provide some kind of "Mods for new players" guide.

There are two versions of CBM which are commonly used - 1.6 and 1.84. 1.6 is the latest one to refrain from making certain changes which a few people find controversial, most notably making the Dwarven Hammer an artifact. While I can see that losing hammers is sad, it is done for very good reasons (e.g. removing the requirement for viable pretenders for non-earth nations to always take earth magic) and the community now seems to *mostly* prefer the later versions of CBM.

CBM 1.84 is the latest version, and includes quite a lot of good stuff including a number of new national spells to boost various nations (e.g. Machaka, MA Ulm, Marverni), as well as integrating some other mods like the Endgame Diversity Mod (which adds some new lategame summons as alternatives to Tartarians). Personally I have no hesitation in recommending it over 1.6, although I am undeniably biased.

quantum_mechani was the author/maintainer of CBM from the beginning right up to 1.83 (I think), and I took over from 1.84. 1.84 is just a bugfix version of 1.83, but I'm currently working hard on 1.9.

I hope that helps!
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs